Parcel and cargo insurance
WestParcel offers its customers to insure their parcels against loss for 1% of the total value of the parcel.
What is the total cost of a parcel?
The total cost of the parcel is:
● the indicated value of the package,
● the shipping cost paid by the customer.
The total cost of the parcel does not include:
● the cost of packaging
● moral damage,
● other costs not specified in the determination of the total cost of the parcel.
When can I get compensation?
Insurance is provided ONLY against the loss of a parcel confirmed by the postal service.
The insurance does not cover:
● delays in delivery
● problems at customs
● absence of the recipient at the place of delivery
● partial or complete loss of or damage to the contents of the parcel.
When can I get compensation?
Immediately after receiving a confirmation from the post office about the loss of the parcel.
What is the amount of compensation?
West Parcel pays compensation in the amount of 100% of the total value of the parcel. The definition of the total value of the parcel is specified above in the article.
Can I get compensation if the parcel is not insured?
West Parcel pays compensation only if the parcel is insured by the customer.
How to insure parcels?
You can insure your parcel in the process of filling out documents for shipment in your Personal Account by checking the appropriate box. The cost of insurance will be specified in advance.
Parcel insurance for deliveries from the USA
1. UPS MI - the parcel is not insured by default, but you can choose insurance - 1% of the value of the investment.
2. UPS Surepost - parcels up to $ 100 are insured by default, when creating a parcel, the customer is charged $ 0 in a separate transaction to show that the insurance is free.
3. USPS Priority - a parcel up to $100 is insured by default, when creating a parcel, the customer is charged $0 in a separate transaction to show that the insurance is free.
4. Economy DDU - the parcel is not insured by default, but you can choose insurance - 1% of the value of the investment.
In case of parcel loss, Fedex pays compensation up to $100.
Additionally, you can use the insurance from Western Bid, which compensates the cost of a lost parcel from $100. The price of such insurance is 1% of the total cost of the parcel.
Is insurance available in all countries?
Please note that UPS Economy DDU deliveries are usually tracked in only six countries (Canada, China, Israel, Japan, Singapore, and the United Kingdom). Tracking is not available in other countries. Therefore, UPS Economy DDU insurance is not available for shipments to the following countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Spain.